Monday, September 17, 2012

CHRISTMAS!

Ah, I know it's not anywhere near Christmas. But I started pinning ideas for Christmas decorations last night on pinterest...and...now I'm kind of obsessed.

I really like the idea of making a bunch of Christmas decorations myself. I think it makes them way more special, especially in the future. I asked Noah the other night if we could put a tree up before he leaves (mid December). Guess we'll just have to have Christmas a couple weeks early.

Anyway, think I'm going to get started on some decorations soon. I'm really liking the hand sewn felt ones:
Something along these lines.
And if you're not the DIY type, you can buy
these lovelies here:
 

I love this!! Except I'll be making a
 corgi! :D
Found here
Twisted Felt Garland
Tutorial here

Those are just a couple of ideas. Plenty more over on my pinterest if you're (p)interested....yeah, i just went there. Don would've appreciated my lame attempt at a joke if he were here. I'll take comfort in that fact. 

Anyway. I also made Appa a dog collar and I intend to work on a harness once the athletic mesh fabric I ordered comes in. (Her trainer had a very cool one for her pup that she tried on Appa and it worked better than any of the ones I've gotten her thus far. I just don't feel like paying $30 for it when a)I know she's going to grow out of it and b)it was so simple i KNOW I can make one. I used this instructable to make the collar, except I just used fabric (I only use her collar to have her tags on her--I think harnesses are way better for dogs to walk with). Pretty simple. And way cute, if I do say so myself :

Yeah, so that's about it. Lots of sewing projects lately. Made new couch pillow covers also but...I feel that I've taken up enough space with photos. I need to do some tutorials on here. Otherwise this thing is purely me rambling and nothing else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment